A jagged arrow
lit up the night
and
crystal drops
struck the earth
with a
sizzle...
The scent of love rose...
warm...
from the
red earth
in pouring rain.
( This poem was written during crew rest, one stormy night, as our aircraft made its way though turbulent skies. Dry and safe inside, under the muted night lights, from my cosy curtained seat, I saw the lightening outside my window... and I inhaled... deeply, instinctively, to catch the wafting scent as the first few drops of rain struck the parched earth, far below...)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You have made rain sound so moistly charming!
'..crystal drops struck the earth with a sizzle..' - awesome imagery there! I loved the sound of it too, literally and otherwise!
M as in mint: Am so glad you enjoyed *experiencing* the poem.
A poem should not mean
But be.
~Archibald MacLeish, "Ars Poetica", 1926
Needless to say, can't do without sensual imagery. 'Tis the lifeblood of poetry, for me.
Post a Comment